From:
Dana Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 07:08:16 -0800
Hi All!

I have a similar problem to what some of you are having - Eddie decided the
other night to grab hold of my hand between my thumb and index finger and
tried to drag me away.

A little while later, he grabbed my ankle and tried again!

Why he thinks that 1) he can possibly drag me away and 2) I would fit
behind the entertainment center is beyond me, but I am flattered that Eddie
thinks enough of his mama to try and stash me away in his hidey-hole!

On another note, we are trying to negotiate the rescue of a little girl.
A friend at work asked if we could take one more ferret because she knew
where there was one that needed a good home.  Apparently, this little girl
is being kept by a family that doesn't know the first thing about humane
treatment of animals much less ferret.

According to my friend, this little one doesn't have food or water half the
time, doesn't have a cage and is being kept in a utility shed, has escaped
several times, and doesn't have any real attention paid to her.  The man
bought the ferret from a pet store as a surprise for his wife.  Sounds more
like a bad surprise for a ferret.

She is a little less than a year old - about the same age as the boys.  Do
you think she will have trouble fitting in?  My friend says she is really
sweet despite the way she has been treated.

Will keep you all posted.  I agree - it is really nice to have people to
share things like this with and to be able to ask questions.  Thanks, FML
family!

Dana & Mike (proud parents of 6, soon to be 7)
Robert (I am such a good boy.  Mama, am I really getting a baby sister?)
Theodore (Dig, dig, dig - I shall teach her to dig)
Eddie (A little sister, huh?  Well, maybe I can drag her to the
hidey-hole!)
Bonnie (Oh yeah! Another weasel to chase!)
Riggs (Oh no! not ANOTHER ONE!)
Kitty (Another one! Yeah!)