From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 19:00:13 -0800
To FIGMO ( I know what this means in military jargon....):

>I have been lurking here to learn more (he is actually my third fuzzy), but
>we're about to leave for the Christmas holidays to visit our families and
>Chopin.  I intend to take little Moti-Mo to the vet, but I was wondering if
>there are any specific diseases that I should have him tested/innoculated
>for to ensure that Chopin (cat) cannot catch anything from him.

   Now, what about poor Moti-Mo catching something from Chopin....

    At any rate, there is no real threat that a ferret poses to your cat.
Actually, having a dog in the house is more of a problem.  Both cats and
ferrets can harbor fleas, tapeworms, and some other parasites, but their
common diseases will not cross species lines.  Moti-Mo stands more of a
problem if you had a dog in the house.

   Chopin will be just fine.  (I think you're getting slighted, Moti-Mo!)

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP