From:
Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:21:19 -0400
I am very interested in compiling data on the Marshall Farm ferret's that
have tattoos on their hind legs.

I too had one that had a tattoo.  She died at age 4 from some type of
brain tumor.  She had no symptoms and then had hind weakness and within a
month the tumor grew to the size of a grape and she had to be euthanized.

Anyone interested in helping me with this study please send me a private
email (don't want to flood BIG).  Please include the following:

Ferrets name:
Age:

DOB:

Sex:

Location of tattoo:

Color:

Brief description of medical history:

Size:  (weight and if she/he is unusually small or large)

Shelter ferret:  Yes  or   No

Pet store purchase:   Yes or No   -if yes what state  (I am trying to
see if there is any trend or pattern here.)

State:  If you know what state she originally came from when purchased
(I am trying to see if there is any trend or pattern here.)

I will compile the data and let you know the outcome.  I appreciate any
help that I can get on this.

Thank you
Lisa & her 24 paws