From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:26:58 -0500
This group was rescued by a woman while she was stationed overseas. All
of the little ones did come from abusive and/or neglectful situations.
Since she rescued them they have been very well cared for and are
beautiful ferrets. When she came back to the US she shipped the
ferrets she rescued back with her and took excellent care of them.
Unfortunately when she was deployed this time she was unable to take
them with her. As Gerri mentioned in her post, they are fitting in well
and are a bit nippy. Two of the little ones, Gem and Scoot, stalk me.
It's pretty funny. They try to intimidate me by following me around and
when I reach down to change papers or freshen water and food they come
in for a nip, but the response might not be what they expect, because
all they get is gingerly picked up and snuggled with big smooches to
the back of the neck while I'm holding them so they can't bite me, then
they are gently put back on the floor and I reach down to tickle their
backs. They take off like a shot to the nearest tunnel or furniture and
peek out at me with wide eyes! Yes, they are fitting in just fine.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org