From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:52:14 -0900
I too do not care for the midwest cages but when yu are operating as a
shelter, beggars can't be choosers.  My boyfriend made the following
changes for me.  We too out the plastic shelves and cut a piece of 1/2"
plywood yo fit the inside of the cage.  I got a scrap piece of linoleum and
we glued and stapled it onto the plywood.  We then took 4 eye hooks, 2 on
each long side and screwed them into the sides of the plywood and then
hooked them onto the midwest cage about half way up it.  We also cut a hole
in the new plywood shelf and then made a ramp and carpeted it with very low
pile carpeting and used wire ties to keep it in place.  You can still use
the plastic shelves at different heights with the plywood shelf.  I put one
up near the top of the cage and made a cubby hole box and fastened it to
the side of the cage.  They loved it.  The nice thing about the pluwood
shelf is that if I need to I can block off the hole and turn it into 2
cages if I need extra room or to seperate somebody.

Diana and the Ferret Farm