From:
Cindy Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 08:59:04 -0500
We've been on the FML for a couple of weeks but this is our 1st day of
posting.  We have 1 ferret (so far), an adorable 8-month-old spayed female
named Fidget.  Sometimes we feel a bit isolated here because we don't know
any other ferret owners here, or ferret groups, shelters, etc.  We've read
the FAQ and other lists and didn't see anything in this area (central and
southern Vermont).  Does anyone know of anything else?

Also, what about taking ferrets outside in cold weather?  Fidget loves to
play in the snow, and we usually take her out for short walks.  She sprays
through fresh snow and tunnels into snowbanks, and loves to dig in it.  I
don't remember seeing this mentioned before, but is it OK to take her
outside for short walks in the winter?  Also, how cold is too cold?  20
degrees F?  0?  -20?