From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:44:04 EDT
Bill-

I don't have information for this area, but thought, with the FML,
someone might be able to help in this case.

Thanks
SunFerret

     [ --- Forwarded e-mail --- ]

I have an unusual request.  My brother, who lives in Sacramento has asked
me to put in an unusual request.  You see, I am the primary contact for
New Mexico Ferret Rescue here in Albuquerque, and he knows that I have
the ability to "ferret out" information.

Here is my request.  My nephew is terminally ill, 6 years old, he has a
brain tumor.  What I would like to know is if there is an underground
ferret person in the Sacramento area who could introduce Ferrets to this
child.  It seems that the animals that have come into the home for brief
visits have distracted my nephew and allows him to touch and enjoy
animals.  He is pretty much bedridden at the moment, and requires
constant care.  Is there a laid back ferret in the area?  I have three
myself, but obviously I can't go there and show them to him.

Considering the legailities of Ferrets in California, any information you
would be providing me would be held in strict confidence.  I know I may
need to give whomever the phone number of my brother's home because of
the legality issue.

Thank you.

Ramona L. Keenan
Administrative Assistant II
Health Sciences Library & Informatics Center
fax: 272-8254
phone: 272-0634