From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:14:54 -0800
I am not quite sure where to begin, but here it goes... Recently I joined
several ferret groups through yahoo and was reading thru some of the ads
when I came across one entitled "Dead ferret".  Of course I was curious
and clicked on it to read the message and I could not believe what this
person said.  I'm sure the rest of you will be as outraged by this as I
am.  This man should not have any animals in his care.  In fact, he could
probably go to jail for what he has already admitted to.  Below I have
copied and pasted his message, along with a link to the web site I found
it on so you can verify it for yourselves.

>From:  "Kevin" <auburn_in@y...>
>Date:  Fri Nov 29, 2002  1:34 am
>Subject:  Dead ferret
>
>I'm sorry to say that if I can't sell my ferret and cage. I'm gonna
>have to take it out and shoot it...

P.S.  After several people, including myself, wrote to this man and told
him how wrong he is to treat an animal that way he mentioned that he
lives in Indiana.  So I thought I should pass this information on to
other groups I've joined and to the FML in the hopes that someone out
there might be able to rescue this ferret before it's too late.  I hope
that there is someone on the FML who lives in or near Indiana who would
be willing to adopt the little guy.  Would anyone be willing to drive
there to save him?  I would love to adopt him myself, but I live all the
way in CA.  and there is no way for me to get to him.  :( I hope it's not
too late already, because the guy posted two messages and seems pretty
desperate to get rid of the ferret.

~Sheri~