From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:27:40 EDT
As far as I can see,there are some serious flaws in your logic.Altering SOME
ferrets will not cause the extinction of all ferrets.You don't take into
account the siblings of the one altered,or the parents,which are capable of
reproducing those self same genes.While I don't agree with the early
altering,for health reasons,I do agree with altering those not wanted for
the passage of certain traits.Your argument might make sense if it were all
ferrets being altered.

Domestication doesn't come to a halt as the ferret is already domesticated.
That's the point we're trying to get the FG in Ca. to understand,as well as
many uneducated people.

Cat breeders are also using altering to pick and choose what characteristics
to pass on.I don't see them becoming extinct anytime soon.You can see what
indiscriminant breeding does by visiting your humane society,or wander the
streets anywhere.Luckily it's better for cats to be altered early,better
health for them when they get older.I'm sure the vast majority of ferret
breeders are breeding for better health and personality traits as well as
beauty.There seems to me to be to wide a gene pool for ferrets as a whole to
suffer,because MF ferrets are altered.They don't seem to be getting any less
in number.Aren't they on the road to extinction?  You're crying wolf where
there is no need.All this is IMHO.Since I bred cats for 25 years,I can speak
with some knowledge.That's enough of that.

You can find sarsaparilla at Smith's food,or if there aren't any where you
are,this was distributed by White Rock Products in Whitestone,NY.(Sioux City
Sarsaparilla).Now go kiss your fuzzies,for tomorrow brings who knows what.

Sandy,and the ferreteers