From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 03:52:12 -0400
This is for Liz

I honestly think that ferrets remember and I would like to tell you a
little story, to explain why I think that.

Quite a few years ago I took in a ferret that had been found wandering on
the side of a highway nearby.  The fellow who found him had decided to keep
him,but after about a week changed his mind and surrendered him to a local
pet store.I got involved after the ferret had been at the pet store for
about a week.  I took him home and looked after him for about 3 weeks.  I
had him long enough to fall in love with him.  My Grandmother, read an ad
in the local paper, that said a pet ferret was missing from his home and
was dearly missed.  I was sur that the ferret I had , was the missing
ferret and called the phone number in paper and made arrangements for the
guy to come and see the ferret.  My SO was concerned that we had no real
way of deciding that this guy really did own the ferret.  The ferret was
an albino with no true markings for identification.  I was hearsick.  I had
fallen in love with this little guy.  He was really sweet and a good kisser
and if the guy really did own him, then I was really going to miss him.

When the owner came to the door, I invited him in.  He took one look at the
ferret and called him Winslow.  I handed Winslow to the guy and he started
kissing the guy all over.  I really mean all over.  Therer wasn't a bare
piece of skin that Winslow didn't kiss, arms, hands, face......you name it
and Winslow kissed it.  There was no doubt in my mind that Winslow belonged
to that man.  While my heart was warmed at the sight of Winslow and his
human being reunited, I was very much saddened by the fact that he would
no longer be living with me.

The story does not end there.  Richard, the human, told me I could visit
Winslow any time I wanted.  Richard was a local artist and had a shop
downtown.  I did go in a few time, several months apart and every time I
did, I picked Winslow up for a cuddle and he kissed me each time.  Richard
told me that I am the only other human besides himself that he has ever
seen Winslow kiss!  So to answer your question Liz, I don't think Gabby
will forget you.ever.

Sally St. Germain and her 10 "Little Saints."
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!