From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1992 15:47:00 -0500
Subject:  Ferret List Issue 387

> If I thought that my ferrets had the appropriate knowledge to make
> an informed decision about what they ate, I would certainly allow
> them to choose their own diet.  The simple fact is that they don't.
>
> [Perhaps I should point out that they did for millions of years before
> we imposed our knowledge on them...]

But, they didn't have access to chocolate, cow's milk (for the most
part), refined sugar, and heavy salt.  There's no way we can expect
them to have instinctive knowledge about these things.

[They may not have had access to chocolate (tho Zorillas do) or cow's
milk, but they did have access to something close enough to refined
sugar to make no difference (ie: beet root) and certainly salt.]

Sorry, couldn't resist...

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets