From:
Lynda Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:54:36 -0500
I just got the word tonight that the 13 confiscated ferrets in California
were successfully transported out of state and will soon be in a new home.
From what I was told, they are dirty and stinky and somewhat depressed, but
healthy.

Thanks to everyone who was generous and concerned enough to send funds to
help in the transport.  About one fourth of what is needed has been
received already.  Again, if you would like to help, send your check (no
matter how small!  It all adds up.) to:

Lynda Reid
105 S. Drake
Manhattan, KS  66503

Oh, and one thoughtful and wonderful person has put a lovely sleepsack up
on Ebay, with the proceeds going to the "cause".  If you would like to bid
or just to see it, go to
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=168823079

Again, thanks to everyone for their help in this emergency.

Lynda and the crew