From:
sara levien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:55:37 -0500
Today was a really tough day for me. I had to say goodbye to my Lily
(aka the Lilanator). She had been battling lymphoma successfully for
quite some time, longer then I ever expected her to (she was on pred
for nearly 3 months) but her meds were maxed out and her tumors were
coming back, growing in her belly and her neck etc. The decision to
let her go was really hard as she was still running about but did tire
quicker then usual. This wasn't the obvious decison of yes she is ill
and suffering but more of she could start suffering very soon due to
tumor growth anywhere in her body (including one pushing behind her
right eye). So having to say that yes today I'm going to let her go was
incredably hard. I know that she will be greeted by those that have
gone before her (Weebel, Apollo, Sam and Charlie though she didn't
know them all). Lil' we will miss you and your kisses and papertowel
stealing dearly!

I love you Lil!