Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:23:59 -0600
Hi everyone and Happy Holidays!
****2 ferts dooking in the background*****

I have a question that has been bothering me for some time and now
looking for some insight from the "ferret people".  I've been around
ferrets for 7 years now and love em.  I am new to a deaf ferret I
currently have.  He is a black-eyed white that is gorgeous.  He may hear
some sounds but not many.  Squeaky toys do not excite him.  But what
bothers me is he seems afraid of humans...me included.  He never has or
does want held or bothered much.  He sees you coming and he runs like he
is afraid, diving under furniture because he feels safe there.  He should
have no reason to fear me or my son who lives here.  If I surprise him it
is because he didn't hear me coming.  What can I do to make him feel more
at ease?Is this how a hearing impaired fert behaves normally?  My other
fert has no fear at all.  Nor did my other "angels" before.

Susan......The ferret o holic
Squeak...."I bet I can jump from here to there!"
Jeep........."huh? A human!"---------->zoom zoom zoom