From:
"Melissa E. Furash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 03:59:03 -0400
Well it's late here in AZ but I'm UP!  I can't sleep...too excited.  I've
FINALLY been offered a job in a vet's office as a tech.  They specialize in
exotics and say they get @1000 ferrets in.  I'm soo excited!  DOOK!

I thought I would fill you in on the latest with my fuzzies.  Snoopy is
still thin but he eats well and the doc has him on flagyl and amoxicillin.
I've been giving him (and the others 'cause they beg so) Ensure by syringe.
He's playfull and he seems to be in a better mood (less nippy) since on his
meds.  Percy has a new toy.  It is his favorite...he carries it everywhere
with him.  What is this wonderful thing you ask?  Where can I get one?  In
your bathroom!  I dropped the plastic cap from a deoderant can and BOOM -
SWISH my "slow, fat boy" was a bolt of lightening.  He disappeared under the
bed so fast I swear he broke the sound barrier.  Percy has also invented a
new game.  He lies in his PVC tunnel on his back and stares at you until you
give him his ball (hard plastic, ridged, with rattles inside) then he rubs
the ball on his upper chest with his paws.  Rattle, rattle.  He does this
and bites it until he drops it.  Then you, the human, must replace the ball
and off he goes again.  He even taught this to Snoopy.

Does anyone have a ferret who LOVES back massages?  Both Percy and Meeko
do...Snoopy doesn't like to hold still that long.  Meeko will lay on her
back and while I massage down her spine she licks the air!  What a weird
little girl We have given up on hand feeding her raisins.  She would NEVER
KNOWINGLY bite a human but I don't think she can see over her nose.  She
sees the raisin, moves in closer and bites at what SHE thinks is the raisin
('fraid not little girl, that's my FINGER!  OW!).  Now I just let her stick
her whole head in the box and select her own.

Well this is probably too long so I'll say good night and just say (for Bob
C's contest)

"Furry tails to you, until we dook again"
Melissa
Meeko "La Princessa"
Percy the fat boy
and Snoopy "I ain't no ferret, I'm a short legged midget greyhound"