From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:37:33 -0400
HI ALL!

Well- things just keep on happening here!  NO more new kids this week-
we almost got a baby Jerimiah in-- but the folks finally got it to stop
biting- I really would have liked a little kid like me to work with but
Mom said it is better this way :(

Skipper is recovering well from his insulinoma surgery- Both he and
Skippy are enjoying extra attention times they are getting.  Our elder
scaredy ferret Disney had her tummy zippered yesterday- she is not back
in the shelter yet- she is asking for more attention in Mom's place- so
Mom said she is a little sensitive and needs to be held more-- until she
gets to eating regular again- so that means MORE PLAYTIME- cuz Disney
has her own time which means now WE get her time!  OH BOY!!!!!

But Mom reminds me to say the IMPORTANT thing is Disney had a left
adrenal and everything else doc checked looked fine so she is supposed to
be back and feeling well in the shelter room real soon.  Mom also thanks
Patty a secret friend for sending a donation to help with Disney's
surgery-- they spect a report back in about a week.  Today Curly started
her Lupron injections she got to go to the Vets - Mom said she had an
itchy personality- she had a adrenal operation in April so now this time
they will try to make her feel better with the shot-- OUCH!  But she has
a gorgeous full coat now..  she is a pretty gal and I am sure if I could
get close enough to her I could straighten her right out!

Mom is looking at her fabric to try and make us some new window curtains
that will block out the cold drafts- it has started getting pretty chilly
here and while Mom says it isn't good for us to be too warm- she does not
want us to get sick form window drafts either the old ones have to go -
curtains, cuz we kind of made some holes in them..  sigh I guess we will
have to start over when she gets them done!..  I am ALWAYS ready for such
a fun challenge.

There are some new stuffs on ebay- more hammies & treats for Halloween
and even some gift sets for holiday gifting- please stop by to see them.
Mom says it is best if we can earn our way-- so my part is to tell you we
got stuff on ebay to sell!  just type in : ferret wise
in the ebay search box to find our stuff or you can jump through the link
at www.ferretwise.org

Check out the Mohair Bear "Flower the Ferretstock Bear" which shelter
friend and bear artist Jeanne S created.  This is the last of the Late
Night Bears - and to help Jeanne's special cause the angel fund at the
shelter.

Email Mom if you want some tickets- or if you are going to NJ stop by and
see the pretty lady bear!  FINALLY- The folks have an ebay link on the
shelter site -- either way we will try to keep new stuff for your shopping
delight!  I guess Dad is getting ready to head to NJ next week- he is
carrying one of his kids down for the show and is selling lots of shelter
goodies too!  Some NJ folks also invited him to a people social the night
before- I hope he buys us some surprises- I just love surprises!

Also reminder NO SHELTER HELPER NIGHT this week - INSTEAD come on by on
Friday Oct 25th to carve my beautiful resemblance ( or your ferrets) on
a pumpkin... the annual shelter Pumpkinfest challenge.  There will be a
special sleeper set for the person who carves the most creative pumpkin
and a 2003 Petprints ferret calendar too!  Join the fun- and maybe you
can sneak me over some cider & donuts-- HUH?  will ya?

Snuff, snuff hmm I smell something different- oh Mom says Da wanted to
buy her a goodie but she talked him instead into baking pecan brownies --
maybe I can get her to give me a little?  or better yet IF she brings one
down to the shelter I can STEAL IT!  Oh i Hope so - it smells really
really good!

Well got to run- while we got extra time to play-- I will fill you in on
changes real soon!

HUgs- your friends
Jerimiah, mascot
Ferret Wise SHelter