From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 09:02:56 -0500
Jay,

Your story cracked me up!  We had a similar experience with one of our
girls.  When she first came to us (as a kit) she was still in that nipping
stage.  We went to sleep one night only to wake up around midnight to wet
sheets.  After convincing each other that neither of us wet the bed, we
noticed that the sides of the bed (between the liner & the mattress) was
filled with water.  The liner worked, but not 100%.  Water was dripping from
the bed around the corners.  We put towels down to catch the drip and fell
back to sleep.  Around 5:30am we woke up to drain the bed.  After it drained
(hours) we went up to the waterbed store to buy another mattress.  My
husband dropped me off at the laundry mat to wash the comforter/sheets which
were soaked.  He went home to start to fill the bed back up.  About 20
minutes later I see his car speeding up to the laundry mat.  He flies out of
the car and asks me for the visa card....it seems that our baby thought that
the filling spout was a giant nipple, and went to town.  A million little
holes all around the spout and on it.  Back to the waterbed store we went.
I swear we paid their rent that month.

We've monitored their bed privileges from then on.  :-)

Mish