From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:41:27 -0500
I've been following this thread and am wondering if it is possible for
several people (individually and for varied opinions) to stop in and visit
the Coles to see the set-up and find out what their plans are for their
ferrets?

Talking to people on the phone or traveling isn't the same as visiting
their home and actually seeing the conditions the ferrets are kept in.

How many shelter operators have thought they had wonderful homes only to
find that they weren't as good as they presented?

I care for a large number for 1 person and I just can't fathom how 2
people could properly monitor, care for, socialize and love 400 ferrets.
I'm stressed when nursing 6 and have had to nurse as many as 12.  I took
64 through ECE and paid a very high price physically, emotionally, and
financially.

I heard on the radio this morning that a celebrity piano was bought for
over 2 million dollars. I'm not one to begrudge others their material
things but I just kept thinking how much good that money could have done
for homeless people and animals.....  How sad we value material objects
more than life itself.... sigh.

I and others struggle to make ends meet every day of our lives.  We worry
about those in our care on top of the monetary issues, home or vehicle
repairs, etc.  And someone just bought a piano for over 2 million
dollars...  Of course it was his money to do what he pleased and he may
support charities but all that money, oh how much it could have helped
others....

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services