From:
Jack Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 14:27:26 -0400
I am a first time writer to FML.  I live in Massachussetts where ferrets
are outlawed.  Bagel and Spunky had been out for maybe 2 hrs.  I had to go
to my softball game so we went looking for the ferrets to put them back
into thier cage.  We found spunky but we couldn't find Bagel.  We started
and all out really fast search, but could not find Bagel.  We thought she
might have gotten outside some how.  I went to my softball game while the
rest of my family continued looking for Bagel.  Two hours later they found
her, asleep under the rug!!  My family came and told me the story at the
game.  I was so relieved to know that she was O.K.  and that she wasn't
lost.  For all the people who have lost a ferret, I know how it feels.
Bagel also went on another adventure outside in the middle of winter.  We
had been out for 3 hours and she had gotten out of her cage, (this was
when we didn't have spunky in the same cage) and had gone out the door.
we found her under our shed/play house and she came out looking scared and
sad.  She walked up to me and looked me in the face, really scared.  She
must have run in to another animal or something.
    We have a cat too.  She used to be scared of the ferrets, but now she
tries to attack them!  Bagel wants to be friend with her and every time
the cat hisses or bats at her with her paw, she stands perfectly still and
doesn't move a muscle for about 10 seconds, and then she runs away.  Do
any other ferrets do that?  Why?

Kate Walsh and the carpet sharks