Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:34:41 -0700
I'm not real savvy with too many legals etc...a little more with
politics,..not so much the legals and I have a few questions. From the
beginning, some things haven't made sense to me regarding petitioning
of the CDC etc. It seems to me like CDC is the biggest player in the
breeding problems at FFF. A 1.5 million contract for ferrets used for
testing is ALOT of ferrets. CDC is a govt. agency. So, I'm failing
to see how petitions to the CDC will bring about change. They are
responsible for the breeding of these ferrets for testing to begin
with so they obviously don't care about cruelty to animals. The fact
that FFF supplys a few Petlands with ferrets for the pet trade seems
like a nice little cover up for what is REALLY taking place. With a 1.5
million dollar contract it looks to me like FFF is one of the biggest
mass production facilitys for ferrets used in animal testing by our
government. What is really going to inspire them to stop using ferrets
in animal testing? PETA? Petitions? Animal lovers? I just have this
mental image of the CDC kicking back thinking, "Oh crap, its the animal
lovers again," I hate to be a wet blanket but it just doesn't seem
likely to me that petitioning the CDC is going to bring about change.
Why do they care what animal lovers think? Its not going to affect
their bottom $ line. Maybe I'm missing something and someone can clear
it up for me.

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html
Fundraiser page