From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:47:25 -0500
For those of you with ferrets with chronic lung problems, asthma,
allergies, harsh coughing, difficulty breathing-----I am going to be
putting Chewie on a nebulizer every day for 15 minutes.  He just cant
breathe well from the damage to his lungs and needs some assistance.  So
I am trying out a PulmoAide Compressor recommended by allergists and
pediatricians nationwide.  It is $95.00, recommended by one of the many
vets I go to to try and keep these ferts alive..  The company just sent out
five of these Pulmo-Aide Compressors to a zoo to help 5 orangatangs.  Their
phone number---- no , not the orangatangs- is: 1-800-621-5545.  They will
ship.  They are located in Morton Grove, Il.  Tell them you have a ferret.
You will want to put fert in small carrier, place plastic bag around
carrier, and release this moist air to fert in carrier for 15 minutes a
day.  I am going to try holding Chewie and see if I can get him enough
moisture in lungs without plastic bag and carrier.  I purchased a different
mouthpiece than comes with this unit E mail me if you want to try this.
Ill let you know how I like it.

This is totally experimental as far as I am concerned, but if anyone out
there is as desperate as I am, you might want to try this.  Chewie is just
a baby.  He was housed in cedar and allowed to remain ill and in the cedar
at PETCO without care.  He has been rushed to vets office 7 or 8 times now.
I am hoping this will help his poor damaged little lungs.

Your low maintenance pet owner, Lisette