From:
Hacker Tracker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 19:08:10 -0700
[Moderator's note: There have been many posts on the FML about this virus
and I think as much has been said here as needs to be said.  Beyond this
the virus issue gets quite complicated, is full of "ifs and buts" and is
certainly way beyond anything we should be discussing here.

For example, the post below, in my opinion, is one of these posts which
contain half-truths -- what's being said can occur, but won't necessarily
occur... and there are these ifs and buts all over the place.  At least
if I understand what the poster is saying -- it's rather garbled.

So, let's close the topic.  The virus is out there along with nearly
100,000 others.  We all need to be careful.  The FML can't transmit a
virus.  It's all really quite off-topic here.  BIG]

Big may or may not allow this but will try.

A virus or worm may not be a big deal to worry about.  Updating your
anti-virus program is a loss cause if your system is already
compromised/hacked into.  There are Trojan Horses out there that dis-able
your anti-virus programs.  This means you can check for Trojan Horses,
Viruses and Worms and you will never find any.  If you want to learn how
to keep your system safe, email me.  Configuring your browser and email
programs can and does keep the system so-what's safe, but may not be
enough.

Tracker

If your not part of the solution, don't be part of the problem.