From:
Ellen List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:12:45 -0400
Enjoyed the posts on the games people play with their fur-children.

Making the bed in the morning was always a joy for me.

Before the games started, my fur-children would sit at the base of the
dresser and stare at the drawer where I kept the ball, "asking" to
play.

I'd put my fur-children UNDER the top-sheet (all smoothed and flat)
and a ball (with a bell in it) ON TOP of the sheet. As the ferret
moved toward the ball, the sheet would rise and the ball would start
rolling. They used to chase that ball furiously (from under the sheet).
When they got to the edge of the bed, they'd actually nose the ball,
flipping it into the air for me to catch (if I was fast enough). I'd
work up a heart rate and a sweat darting around the king-size bed,
chasing the little ball.

As they move about, you have to keep "making" the top sheet because
it gets all balled up, the ferret ends up on top of the sheet, steals
the ball and runs. You know what happens when they steal a favorite
item--you get to go buy another one ;-)

This game also works with a light-weight, woven, (and thus) see-through
cotton blanket.

Ellen