From:
FerretGirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:04:23 -0700
Hi All,

Yesterday my 4 year old male ferret was diagnosed with 2 mass cell skin
tumors.  They are button-like raised red masses.  I thought they were
misquito bites.

The vet wants them both removed and sent to the lab to test for cancer.

My questions - Has anyone had this problem?  What was the prognosis?  Did
you have trouble keeping your ferret from the stitches?

Did the growths return?  What was the recovery time after surgery?  Any
complications?  Did they need to be on meds after the procedure?

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am very worried about my little guy
and cried myself to sleep last night.

Any advice is much appreciated.

FG