From:
Greg Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 03:29:06 -0700
Hello all,
Haven't written for awhile but thought I would let you in on a wonderful
ferret toy. The Seattle Slug !!!!!    :-)

Not the real live, gushy one but a cardboard, paper, stone wheel one. Our
ferrets love to chase it around and grab the wheel or tail. The only problem
is that the tail tears off and I am constantly re-gluing it.

Now the real reason to own one......
Pongo escaped again! He was gone two nights. He took his sister Kai with him
but we found her the next day. I took Willie out on a leash to mark the way
home from where Pongo was last spotted and squeaked his favorite toy, but no
luck. Last night I decided to take the slug for a walk because Pongo has
always gone ape over it. Well, after walking around the area he was and a
few other spots that looked ferret friendly, I returned home. Apparently the
first area was where he was because there he was waiting he the travel cage
with the look of what took you so long to get back  :-)

The moral of the story is -- if your little one escapes, don't give up. Try
all types of tricks to entice your ferret home even if you feel thoroughly
stupid. I am sure anyone who saw me walking the slug felt  I was one old
lady that had lost her mind. And I am not that old!!!!

Give a hug to all.
Alice
Greg Hastings                                  [log in to unmask]
Alice Dutton
Auburn, WA

Books had instant replay long before televised sports.