Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:52:09 EDT
Look at the roof of the mouth.  It could be that Wriggley has stopped
eating because he has an ulcerated palate or a periodontal infection.

3 different vets charged me for exams, meds, blood tests and xrays, and
not a one looked at Cheyennes mouth in the 7 weeks before he died.  I
never thought I needed to tell a vet how to do a thorough exam.  I do
not think I should have to.

After I had him put down, blood was coming out of his mouth.  So we
opened his mouth and looked inside.  He had NO tissue on the palate--
just a huge ulcerated area.  He must have suffered horribly.

Look in the mouth when your ferret does not want to eat, and is weak.
Broken teeth, ulcers, swollen red areas?

My vet that I had come to trust is no longer at the animal hospital he
worked at.  He does not have a place yet.  So I tried 3 other people in
my attempts to help Cheyenne.

That is the hardest thing about his death.  I should have done the exam
myself.  Why didnt I ?  Why?

Hope this helps.