From:
kirstin ror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:16:42 PST
hello again .  my new ferret is doing great , and i think i love him more
everyday.  I have heard about deafness in ferrets , and i have heard that
it is common in ferrets with white heads or a white stripe on their head.
my Willy is a silver mitt , with a white stripe on his head .  I always
thought he was a really sound sleeper because you could vacuum right beside
him and he wouldn't wake up , but now i'm wondering if he might not be
deaf.  he doesn't seem to hear you when you call him , or tell him no or
something, but will look around if you thump the floor or tap on a wall.
how would i know for sure if he is deaf , are there tests to tell .  I'm
not really worried about owning a deaf ferret , but was wondering if there
are any types of training techniques especially for deafness , i don't want
him to grow up undisiplined and bad, for lack of a better term.

love to all fuzzy babys out there.