From:
Grasshopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 09:47:20 -0400
we took gwydeon and fergus to the vet yesterday.  gwydeon is perfectly
healthy (except for a case of ear mites), but fergus gave cause for concern.
he is very lethargic, but since we've only had him for a week we don't know
if that's a bad sign or if he's just very lazy (he's ready for a nap after
being out of the cage for only 5-10 minutes).  we put him on the same diet
as gwydeon when we got him (50-50 science diet kitten food and totally
ferret) and he's started to eat full helpings of it, which is encouraging.
taking him out to play with us and gwydeon every day should be good for him
too!  if his behviour doesn't perk up any over the next three weeks or so,
the vet wants to bring him in for some bloodwork and tests.  (we were
basically told, your ferret is either fine or has a bad case of cancer.)

gwydeon, meanwhile, has a new toy since he has been unable to get fergus to
play with him.  it's a burlap bag that originally held 25 lb. of rice, with
the opening tied tightly to a 15 oz. can that has been cleaned up for this
purpose (both ends removed, no sharp edges, washed inside and out). voila!
a permanent tunnel into a portable cul-de-sack!

donald, lela, gwydeon, and fergus