From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 16:07:16 -0400
HI all,

First of all, I'm new and just wanted to say hi!

Second, I'm sure you all saw the post about a ferret vet needed in
Lansing... well, that was for me.  One of my ferrets, Mittens, has recently
been diagnosed with both Lymphosarcoma and Adrenal disease.  This was done
by a vet who was not my own, but had more experience with these diseases.
She was very NOT helpful in treatment options.  She basicly suggested to
let him live his time out and then euthanize him.

I was very disturbed by this option and figured there must be SOMETHING i
can do for my poor little guy.  I got much sympathy from all of you (THANK
YOU!) and suggestions of finding a vet who would prescribe prednisilone for
him.  Well, I suggested this to my regular vet (who doesn't know much about
ferrets but is not adverse to learning).  She looked it up and Mittens is
now on prednisilone (hope I"m spelling that right... seems to me that that
is how it was spelled on the bottle).  She even crushed it up and put it in
a sweet liquid so Mittens would like it.

Just wanted to say again, Thanks Everyone for all of your support!

Natalie and the *3* furry snakes