From:
Debra Rodvelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 21:29:15 -0500
Alice said:
>Please help me out with a good name, I have been thinking of everything
>from Weezel to Cocoa and all kinds of names in between.

Well, that got me thinking....there have been some interesting names on
this list.  What is the story behind them.  I wanted my names to have
"meaning" for each personality but a couple just looked like their name.
Here's my list....

Snoopi -- was a snoop, had to investigate everything (of course, she
was my first ferret.  i soon learned that this name could apply to ALL
ferrets)

Fifi -- was a very proper princess-type, wiped her chin after every bite,
walked on her tippy toes like a dainty flower, deserved a Foofoo to match
but when i went to find him for her......

Moose -- had lung problems from birth that made him have to breathe
through his mouth constantly, reminded me of a sterotypical dumb jock
so a "frat" name suited him

Jiggy -- has an ear shaped like a jigsaw puzzle piece (and loves to
"dance" with me)

Lily -- loves to just sit in water, like a water lily

Timmy -- came to me with that name, would come stumbling out during
certain episodes of South Park as he heard Tim-may repeated over and
over and over....

Gabby -- finally a ferret who makes those noises I've read about, my
first talker

Tinkerbell -- can't resist anything that jingles, any and every bell is
HER bell

Spot -- not quite a panda, not quite a blaze but has two distinctive
spots on his head, also follows me around like a dog and "spot" is a
good old fashioned dog name

Saupa -- big roly-poly albino boy, "saupa" is an Inuit word meaning
"heavy, dense snow"

Anana -- dainty, pure white albino girl, "anana" is an Inuit word
meaning "beautiful" and she is!

Monkey -- climbed curtains and clung to them looking like a monkey in a
tree

Junior -- looked identical to Gabby and knew it!  followed Gabby
everywhere learning how to be the second generation of trouble

Pinky and the Brain -- pair who came to me with these names.
personalities were actually backwards according to the cartoon

Leroy -- well, he just LOOKS like a Leroy.  :-)

Anyone else?

Debi