From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:15:48 +0000
This is kind of a long story, but I will try to shorten it a bit.  I am
asking for people to consider donating to a little boy named Romeo.  He
will be eventualy living here with me.  He has being delivered to a
shelter in Toronto Canada.And is now under doctors care.  He has had a
broken leg since last Sunday.  The owner could not afford to have the leg
set.  He was taken in by another ferret owner that had originaly found
this home for Romeo.  The vet bill to mend the leg was $1000.00 dollars.
Neither pary had that money spend and neither do I.  But I could not
stand by while they waited on trying to get the money if they could.
The owner was very insistant in not surrendering Romeo over to anyone.

I e-mailed and talked over the phone to the person who has Romeo.  We
spent most of the day back and forth.  This was killing me that Romeo was
still not cared for medicaly because of lack of money.  The cost of the
surgery has now gone up to around $2ooo.oo since it has been so long and
there are major problems now.  We may even still loss the leg.

I offered to take Romeo and have my vet do the surgery.

We finaly got the owner to surrender Romeo over to me.  I e-mailed Nancy
at Ferrets Across America very late at night.  She got back to me with in
5-10 mins.  She had e-mailed a shelter in Toronto.

Romeo can not come over the border.  He doesn't have current vacs and
with the break he needs help immediatly and the trip could just make
matters worse for him.

I will eventually get Romeo once the surgery is over and he has had time
to heal.  I am not a shelter.  Just a person conserned with the out come
of this ferrets life.  Not an angel, not a savior, just a human being
that makes mistakes just as everyone does.

The shelter taking Romeo in is, Ferret Aid http://www.ferretaid.org
the owner is Randy.

Well in short the reason I am posting this is, I am not a proud person,
and asking for donations to Romeo's surgery.  If you would like to
donate to the surgery please go to Rany's web site there is a place for
donations there.  The money needs to go right where it belongs and not
to me.  I have talked with Randy and she is a very loving caring person.
The surgery will be complicated as the muscles have atophied.  We are
praying that th e leg can be saved.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to e-mail me at :

I can not thank Nancy form Ferrets across America or Randy enough in
helping me to get the help Romeo so desperatly needs.  Randy was
concerned that I felt she was interferring with getting him here.  Oh
girl you are a wonderful person, and please, know I thank God that Nancy
contacted you.  There is no way you are interferring.  With you the
ferret comes first and that my dear is the way it shou ld be.  I feel
very comfortable with you looking atfer Romeo.  And know he will get
the love and care he needs.

Any and all prayers for this guy will be appreciated also.

Reanee Gladden