From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:02:30 -0400
To the person who asked about harnesses, I have tried the nylon locking
type that look like mini dog harnesses and watched in wonder as my carpet
shark walked right out of it, no matter how it was adjusted!  The only
type of harness that ever worked for me was an oblong piece of leather
or suede with 2 holes in it.  The fuzzy's legs go into the holes, and
the ends of the suede meet in the middle of his back.  There is a nylon
string attached to each end of the suede and is tightened with one of
those plastic slide-locks, the nylon string being the leash.  I loved it
because it seemed comfy and it STAYED ON! :)  I hope that description
was clear... Anyone else ever see / hear of these?  I can't remember the
brand name.

I have a question about scent glands and females.  I was owned my a male
furkid a few years ago.  Everything I ever learned about ferrets was
from him and the FML.  Now I have adopted 2 girls, ages 4 & 6.  They are
retired breeders.  The owner has about 15 other active breeders and with
the upcoming season, these ol' gals would not be getting much attention.
I meant to get one, just one, but... well, you know... :)

Anyway, the owner said they're spayed but their scent glands are still
intact.  Are scent glands any cause for concern medically speaking?  I
am going to get them in for a checkup asap, my old vet is not around any
more.  Any recommendation s for a Dayton, Ohio area vet?

Thanks!
[JP]