From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 00:07:48 -0700
Yep...it's been that long. I realized last month that my sweet Alex
is now about 7 years old. He is slowing way down these days, and it
saddens me to know our time together here is nearing far too quickly.
Alex also has the horrible teeth. He's been in for extractions twice in
the past five years...doesn't matter how well he brushes :) My entire
veterinary staff love to watch him waddle around the office with his
short little dwarf legs, a by product of the miserable in-breeding that
went on at that horrible farm. He still loves for me to talk and sing
with my lips against his throat. He will throw his head backward for me
to do this, as it is his way of "hearing" me. I am rewarded for my off
key renditions with the sweetest wet kisses. Alex made his way across
country from the Ferret Haven via a wonderful volunteer, Melissa, who
brought him halfway to meet us. I am thankful daily for him. Though his
eyes are now dimming, his spirit will remain bright always. I love this
little guy!

Bonnie Tormohlen
Managing Director
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc