From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 06:59:47 EDT
Can anyone explain to me just what these people think is wrong with ferrets
that they have to be banned???  I for the life of me haven't been able to
figure it out but then I've only gotten mine within the last 6 months too.
In that 6 months I haven't seen ANYTHING that would cause them to be
banned.  If it's cause sometimes they can be nippy...well a dog can also
be nippy...a cat can also use their claws in play but no one bans them.
Probably will sooner or later if people get their way though.

My friends mother (went there for Mother's Day) I guess happened to catch
the NYC news.  I hadn't told her that I have ferrets yet and I'm kind of
glad that I didn't because she said something that made me want to laugh
and probably wouldn't have said if I'd told her right out.  After watching
this news I guess she got the idea that ferrets get huge, break out of
their cage, and SUCK your blood!  Where in the world did that come from???
I've never heard of any animal doing that...and knowing my ferrets ...I
KNOW they'd EVER do such a thing.  I mean is this what all those people
think????  If so...that is VERY STUPID!  Or does each person against
ferrets make up their own WILD story???

Faith