Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:27:38 +0100
My ferrets have enjoyed tubing for about 12 years.  We oftimes place them
on one of the levels of stairs we have just to watch them slide down.  When
we kept our kids in a separate room, we had a couch overturned onto its
front and allowed them the luxury of exercising through climbing up the
sides of it.  Once we added the tubes so that they leaned on the front
edge, it didn't take long before you could hear the constant rush from
their feet and bodies against the inside of the tubes.  We use the insides
of carpet rolls as they are comfortably wide enough for even a chubby
ferret to fit inside, and they are sturdy and thick, allowing 12 feet of
pure ferret fun.  You can get them in shorter lengths and most carpet
stores will just give them to you for free!

The great thing about the slides is that older, more experience ferrets
will teach the younger or new to the house ferrets how to use them too.
So, you only have to show one.

When they get worn, I just recycle them and replace with a new one.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur