From:
Jaden McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:10:31 EDT
Thanks for all your suggestions on toys, keep um coming.  I printed off a
response about why Jack needs a buddy and handed it to my well meaning
husband only to get a "if you think a piece of paper is going to change my
mind, you are wrong, he is fine.  He has the cat, they get along fine.  blah
blah blah....." and within two minutes he was back saying "remember when I
said....well, it did.  You are right, I guess when I think about it, I never
have seen a ferret sleeping alone at pet store, they always cuddle together"
I was SHOCKED AND AMAZED!!!  I about fell out of my chair.  My big man,
admitting he was wrong and at no personal gain of his own.  He was still a
little concerned at the vet bill issue, but I assued him that why even have
a ferret if you can't give him a fully happy life.  HE agreed!  YEAH!  Jack
is going to be soo happy when we finally get to bring him home a buddy from
a shelter.  Thanks to Cindy for her convinceing letter!

Here are some toy suggestions from me to all of you who haven't done any of
this already.  My daugther lets him use all her Barbie toys.  For instance,
we set out her fold out house and put a sheet over it and Jack is now the
owner of a luxury ferret condo with whirlpool spa and built in kitchen to
boot.  He just likes slippin in and out of the doorways and thinking he is
getting away with something.  He also likes to take rides in the Barbie jeep
or just push it around with his front paws.  I used a box suggestion I got
and taped it shut, cut 5 ferret sized holes in it and added a few raisins
and squeesed it in his cage.  He loves it!

Those of you who like the barbie idea and dont have 5 year old girls, go
garage sale hunting!  I'm sure you can find lots of barbie be-gone's out
there.

Thanks again!
April
Jack: "this box is great!  it is sooooo cool, I feel like I am the ultimate
       ferret bandit hiding from the evil ruler Jaden in my own super dooper
       invisible force field...oooooohhh I found a raisin, Look Mom, I
       found a raisin!
Jaden: "Mommy, where did JackerBack go?  Me wanna play wis him" (actual
        human child)
Kyleigh: "ooooohhhhh he is soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuute"  (typical 5yr old
         response to EVERYTHING Jack does)

P.S:  Anyone else out there allergic to fuzzies and just suffer for the
greater love? Any helpful suggestions on making sneeezing, itching, watery
eyes life easier?  [log in to unmask]