From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:06:42 +0000
Sending this to all on the list as opposed to just the person asking as
I'm sure others might like this link.

This one lists dog-friendly lodging by state:
http://www.dogfriendly.com/

I tend to do my searching for pet-friendly lodging through Expedia.com.
Select the town you're looking for lodging in and then click "Narrow Your
Search" above and then click "Pets accepted".  Of course this doesn't
always mean a large dog is allowed but it at least gives you the places
that allow pets.  You can then call and ask if they'll accept your
particular pet and what the restrictions or additional fees are.  We
recently stayed at a Quality Inn in Coeur d'Alene with an extra charge
of $10 per night for the dog - not bad at all.

I've traveled a bit with my dog and found that even some of the nicer
hotels allow well-behaved dogs.  The Golden Retrievers shouldn't be a
problem.  We even stayed at The Edgewater in Seattle the first few
nights when I moved here - dog, cats AND the ferrets :)

As for Gallup, NM here's what I found searching Expedia that allow pets:

- Best Western Inn & Suites Gallup
- Days Inn Gallup East
- Gallup-Days Inn West
- El Rancho Hotel