From:
Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:46:32 PST
Howdy,

Well I've done it....

It's OK to bring the furries to the beach to play in the sand.... BUT t
there are things to consider.

Heat - the ferts cannot shed heat as efficiently as us.  Overheating them is
not a good thing to do.  When I took mindy up to the beach, I put her in the
water every 15 minutes to keep her temperature down.

Beaches rules and laws - you might not be able to bring the fuzzy onto the
beach or might have to keep it on the leash.

Sand bateria,etc... - Well, in Mexico, was the first time I ever experienced
rashes from coral sand.... not because it was coral, but because there were
little microbes living in it that caused lovely skin rashes when the sand
was rubbed across the skin playing volleyball.  My feet became a tiny bit
swollen for a day as well.

Heat - don't forget!  Shade is needed to!

Rob & Kate and crew in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

     Samson, Mindy, Gabby and Lola