From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 06:31:56 -0700
My Nexus is one determined boy.  He recently learned how to climb the
back of the TV console and jump into the kitchen over the ferret barrier.
The T.V. is next to the doorway and can't be moved, because I can't
arrange the furniture differently.  I put a small table up against the
T.V.  on the side he was getting behind, but I have an outlet there with
several plugs for all the electronic equipment, so there is a space.  He
still got in there.  I finally wedged a big piece of cardboard folded so
one side is flush against the T.V. and the other goes behind the table.
He is still trying to figure that one out.  The problem is that it looks
lousy.  Does anyone have an inexpensive idea of what to put there to
block it off without looking like a dump?  Maybe some kind of folded
screen.  It would have to be two panels.

The T.V. also has a a section protruding from the rear, so that is why
it can't be flush against the wall, and the little creep found a space
big enough to climb up.  The thing that really ticks me off is he has
been in this house over 3 years and just figured this out.  The cat sits
on the T.V. to get away from him, and I think that got him thinking
about trying to climb up, to get at her.

I don't want him in the kitchen.  He got in there last night while I was
outside, and he dug up all the plants and knocked a lot of things over.
There are too many dangers in a kitchen, so that is why I have the ferret
barrier.  It also gives the cat a safe haven.

It is true that your house is never totally ferret proof.  You may think
it is, but the little sneaks find something else.  Once they figure
something out, they do not forget.

Moxie, Nexus, and Smudge
God Bless America
In God We Trust