From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:42:39 -0500
Most of you may not recognize the name of JoGayle Howard, but you know
her work. She is responsible for the birth of Peanut, Brittle and the
other artificial insemination-produced black-footed ferret kits at the
Smithsonian National Zoo over the last two years. She has also
pioneered successful reproductive techniques for the giant panda,
clouded leopard, cheetah and other endangered species both in the US
and abroad.

I had the privilege to work with JoGayle the last two Octobers at the
Smithsonian's Autumn Conservation Festival, volunteering at the
black-footed ferret booth. She is warm, funny and totally dedicated
to the animals she works with.

JoGayle was diagnosed with a serious illness last month, and has begun
a difficult course of treatment. I am sure she would love to get cards
and letters of well wishes from the domestic ferret community.

You can send cards to:
JoGayle Howard
3401 Quesada Street NW
Washington DC 20015

Please contact me for more information, or you can join the website
http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/620966/

You can read about JoGayle's work as a reproductive biologist for the
National Zoo here:
<http://nationalzoo.si.edu/AboutUs/Staff/BiosAndProfiles/HowardJoGayle.cfm>

Thank you.

Linda Iroff

[Moderator's note Ms. Howard's address will appear only in this FML --
it will be removed from the searchable archives. BIG]