From:
Steve Coppock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 23:59:54 -0400
    Hi, my name is Steve, and i have a cinnamon-champagne ferret...  without
a name or a playmate.  He was born last memorial day, and I bought him at
the age of 6-7 weeks.  What I need to know is, is it too late to name
him (for him to recognize when I'm calling him).  I just didn't think of a
name ahead of time and could never think of a suitable name since, but I
have a name for him now-I just don't know if I should even bother with it.
    I am thinking about getting another ferret to put in the same cage with
him, but I don't know if I should get a young one (appx. 6 weeks old), or
one of the same age as him.  My thoughts would be that, if I get one of the
same age -the new one wouldn't be tame towards me and it might be too late
too adjust to me.  Also-what gender should I get? And if I get a female, is
it not a good idea to let them have babies? (because of the bother)

------to help you answer my question on "a playmate", I have a cage measuring
36" x 30" x 24", it has three stories. I also have an extra cage measuring 24"
x 24" x 24"---that one is not used. They should have enough room.

                        thank you,
                       Steve Coppock