From:
Darcy and Darci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:47:28 -0400
Hi, My name is Darci and my fiance and I just purchased our first "fuzzie".
We love her to bits eventho we have only had her for 5 days.

Our problem seems to be that we are not sure when she comes into her first
heat.  We purchased her from a pet store and the owner didn't take her to
get her shots or anything.  I have made an appointment for her to have her
shots but she is 8 months old and I have heard several different opinions
on when the jills come into their first heat.  Some have said 1 year,
others 6 months, and still others say 8 months.  Does anyone know for sure?
The reason we are asking is because yesterday we were playing with her and
we noticed that her vulva seemed swolen.  Are there any other "effects" we
should look for?

Also, is bringing them out of heat with meds harmful?  I know from research
that leaving them in heat can cause ill affects, and possibly even death.
(Cant rember the correct spelling )  Something called aplasic anemia
(forgive me).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Darci and Darcy and Pooh (mommy, why can't I stay up?)
http://user.fundy.net/darc/