From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 08:47:38 EST
Licking:
>My female ferret going on 6 years has started getting in bed with us at
>night and starts licking my legs, if I would allowed her, she would lick for
>hours. ...

Lany does the same thing.  In fact, I now put them in their cage at night
for this reason.  I used to let them stay out.  Lily and Lucy would crawl
into the bed, explore for a minute or two, curl up next to me, and go to
sleep.  NOT LANY!!!!  She crawls over you, under you, around you, plays in
the blinds (rattle, rattle, rattle) and starts scratching my legs like she
is digging.  She never does it through covers, she goes right for the bare
skin!!!  Those little nails are like razors even after they've been cut.
She is also a licker, but mostly my arms.  Lucy used to lick my legs after I
put lotion on but Lany is not so discriminating.  She licks just for the
H*LL of it.  I too have often wondered if she needs something she's missing.

When I am taking a nap on the sofa, invariably that's exactly the time the
ferrets decide to wake up.  So, they always crawl up on the sofa.  Lany is
so funny.  I try real hard not to move or open my eyes.  If I don't respond
to her, she sticks her face into mine (nose to nose) until I start laughing
(those little whiskers tickle).  I guess she wants to make sure I'm not
dead...after all, who would feed her if I wasn't around.