From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:52:57 -0800
Dr. Ruth posted this on the FHL today, 2/27/14. If you are aware of Dr.
Ruth Heller. She is a Corenell University (Vet School) graduate who
practices in PA. She is also a breeder and show-woman of ferrets. She
sees a lot of ferrets in her practice and shares information with
ferret owners on a number of forums.

If you are feeding Zupreme grain free ferret food, please, please
re-think your food choice. I changed to this food ad had three ferrets
off to the vet. I reviewed the variables that had changed in my
business of ferrets and the food was the issue. At the time, my 8 yo
Jillie, my ferret love, was diagnosed with kidney failure! I made the
food change and added some supplements and otehr healign support an she
lived to be a bit over 9. So, the point here is if you make the change
soon enough you can keep thim alive!

here is what  Dr. Ruth found in a recent surgery.

Ferret friends:

Today I removed over a hundred bladder stones from a three and a half
year old ferret, fortunately before any of them moved into his urethra
and caused a blockage. Guess what he'd been eating?

If your answer was Zupreem Grain-free, you've been paying attention.

DO NOT feed Zupreem Grain-free ferret food to your ferrets, please.
It has been associated with bladder stone development in many ferrets,
and while the cause is not proven, many suspect it to be due to the
pea protein in the food.

Dr. Ruth

Cathy Ryan

Today is the best day to do a good deed.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3