Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 04:50:00 -0400
Last night I felt completely helpless.  Ben just lied there with his
little head flat on the floor and his 4 little paws gone out from
underneath him.  I immediately grabbed the Karo syrup and baby food and
started to administer.  He ate it and I waited for it to kick in, but no
response.  Now I am on the phone with his vet, we go through the routine;
what I have done; reviewed meds, gum color good, etc.  Decision give him
his next does of pred now and change his does to BID.  I waited and still
no response.... I hold him and keep him covered and notice that his body
temerature is dropping.  Quickly I call Dr.K back.  He is covered up more
and a hot water bottle to sleep with.

Now the worst part, the waiting.  I feel so helpless in situations like
this.  It's 4am as I right this so it will be a while before I can speak
with Dr. K.  He has a little more perk in him, but also has some black
tarry stools.

Ben has insolinomia, had a double adrenalectomy and now has Addison's
disease.  Despite it all he has been doing great.  So now I wait .
Please keep Ben in your prayers.

PS.  Did I mention that Rosie just had a Pancrectomy?  She is recovering
well-slow, but well.

Thanks everyone I just need to speak with some people that I knew would
understand.

Lisa & her 24 paws