From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 08:03:24 -0400
As much as I love these little creatures they really P$(&($# me off.
Pester has now figured out that clawing her way under the ticking and
cushions of the furniture is fun. She learned that from Peekaboo where
she never did that before.

They are out on the porch now where the weather is cool so they are out
24x7 if they like. But lately I put them in the cage, close the doors
and leave the door from the family open so they can see me and watch
the Campaign results on the news.

Pester has found she can get into or out of the cage by going up thru
the 'J' feeder. She now digs all the kibble out and then makes her way
out of the cage. She did this last night and I found all kinds of
stuffing from the couch over the floor with the culprit curled up in
the middle of it totally asleep.

I have a small pile of left over 1" by 2" cage wire so I cut out a
shape to fit inside the 'J' feeder. It fit somewhat tight but that is
exactly what I want where she will not be able to force that out and
get in or out. I will leave the kibble on the cage floor and 'J' feeder
open so she can try to get out. That will do two things. It will prove
to me that it is "Pester" proof and will also let her know that is no
longer an escape route so she won't try that route again, maybe. In
any case one part of the problem solved.

Other than putting snakes in all the furniture I really don't know how
to stop them from getting in there. The furniture WAS plugged solid so
they could not get in but if there is a way, even the most rare of
opportunities, they will find it in a heart beat and take full
advantage of it. As is there is nothing I can do to prevent what
they are doing other than curtail out time in the house.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111