Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 00:23:15 -0500
I was tempted to comment on the open door thing myself.  .  .  but like most
other ferret activities, I though that mine were the only ones with that
particular obsession.  We too have been trained to open the doors when the
"chickens" request it.  The other day, Bela was cut off of the treats.  .  .
She'd already invaded the countertop and devoured a tomato, plus getting a
couple of raisins earlier in the day.  We decided that it was time for her
to ear her own food.  Well, she was not impressed one bit, and after about
an hour of looking pathetic (and giving us that heartrending
one-eyed-sweetie-wink) she got upset w/ us.  She walked to the bedroom,
flung open the door, walked in and slammed it shut as if to tell us how
angry she was at us for withholding the treats from her.  Around here a
closed door will not remain closed for long!

Jon Rex Anderson
& the "chickens"
--
"Until the circle of man's compassion is extended to all living things, man
himself shall not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer