From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:32:13 EST
Hello,

I am truly not a person who believes a person should shrug off a pet
responsibility.

I do believe people get allergies and they can be from their ferrets.  I
on occasion get a reaction from them.  So, bad the last time, I waited
till the last minute or say my breathing got compromised I went to emerg.
I had to get shots, O2, pills.  Yes, I was told to get rid of them.  I
didn't but that was my choice.

I have skin irritations from them that are permanent.  I also get rashes.
I have creams and pills for that.

But, not everyone is that tolerant.

There are several things people have to think about.
1.  Because I have an allergic reaction to something concerning my pet.
a.) Do I wait it out.
b.) Will I give it the love and attention it deserves.
c.) Just let someone else take on the responsibility because I feel I
    won't at this time.

If the ferret is not going to be given a good quality of life.  Then
maybe it should be found a home.  I believe a person knows if they are
going to be responsible or not when it comes to ferrets.  So, if the
decision is made to let the pet go.  Do it now.  So, the pet can go a
head and get at better home.  Things happen all the time for whatever
reason.

Right or Wrong whatever Song.  If the pet needs another home.  Put your
energy there.

As far as allergies.  I believe people can get allergies from anything.
It may be contributing factors that lead to one.  But, it's there.

Hope everything works out.

Benita