From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:49:37 -0400
Pam did the majority of the work for this resource!  A number of these
compounding pharmacies SHIP!

http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=1530

Hey all,

We have a new file available in our "Files" section at our Smartgroups
FHL website.  It is the beginning of a list of compounding pharmacies
recommended by FHL members.  A compounding pharmacy is different than a
regular pharmacy because they are experts in formulating drugs in various
forms, concentrations, and flavors.  So, they can be a wonderful help
when treating sick ferrets, where you may benefit from a special flavor
to help the meds go down better, or you might like to have a smaller
volume to administer.  They are experts at custom formulations!

The nitty-gritty. You can find the file directly at:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/ReferenceShelf/comp_pharm.html

If that line wraps, or you want to browse to find the list, you can start
from our Smartgroups home page at

Then, select "Files" from the left-hand side of the window, and then go
into the ReferenceShelf.

If you have a compounding pharmacy to add, please drop me a line
privately at [log in to unmask] .  Please keep the recommendations
down to pharmacies that you have personally used and that are helpful
with your ferrets.  The file does also have links to large listings of
compounding pharmacies in general, in case there isn't one on our list
for a particular area.

By the way, I have done some re-arranging of things, and this
ReferenceShelf folder is now where the, uh, "reference-y" sorts of files
are at; mostly directory-types of files.  Smartgroups has a weird way of
sorting things, and I had a couple of people say they had a hard time
finding our Vet's listing because it was listed on the second page of the
Files, and for a time they didn't notice that there WAS a second page in
the first place.

Thanks to Sukie for going out and hunting down the first of our entries
in this file!  If you sent an entry to Sukie and/or me, I *think* it is
in there now.  If not, please send me a message again - there was quite
a bit of email there and it is possible that I missed one.

Best wishes,
-Pam S.