From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 18:09:01 -0400
I've read several posts lately about undiagnosed vomiting & diarrhea.  A
very dear friend of mine experienced a similar problem She has been owned
by, & been a very busy ferret shelter for many years, & is extremely
experienced.  She isn't on line (yet...we're working on that), but some of
you may know Suzanne Resinger in Phoenix.

Her Ebenezer was a beautiful, robust (4+ lbs), non-MF hob.  He intermittently
went through bouts of vomiting & diarrhea, sometimes becoming gravely ill.
I don't remember all the details, but Ebenezer was found to be allergic to
poultry.  At the time, some 8 yrs ago, most of the diets available were
chicken-based.  He was maintained on a diet of anything but chicken baby
food & other table meats & vegetables.

Suzanne also came to the sad realization that Ebenezer was also extremely
sensitive to stress & couldn't handle change of any kind.  She realized
that every time she took him out to a show he started throwing up again.
When she moved his cage into another room or introduced him to a new ferret
he also became very sick.  As long as she kept his environment unchanged &
him stress free, he was OK.

If you've tried everything else you can think of & still haven't found
a solution as to why they're having problems, you might try these
alternatives - one at a time.  Be careful to check for chicken further down
in the list of ingredients on the label.  I understand IAMS has several
alternate diets formulated because of allergies.

I hope you find the answer.

Juliana